You survived the Internship Fair, congratulations!
Whether you’re reliving the cringy conversations you had with different companies or rolling around on cloud 9 feeling like a successful, young, urban, professional, you’re probably wondering what to do next.
Well, the Career Development Center has some tips and tricks for you to stay on top of your game and maintain the connections you’ve made.
Here’s a step-by-step guide:
- Do your research! Make sure you know the ins and outs about the company you’re interested in, beyond what you learned at the fair.
- Send thank you emails to employers 12-24 hours after the fair. #gratitude
- If you missed any employers at the fair and didn’t get to speak with them, but are still interested, contact them.
- Keep track of the contact information you’ve gathered. Your phone is great for immediate access, but keep a back-up for when iCal or Google Calendar inevitably crashes. Everyone else will be in a post-apocalyptic-career-slump, but not you! You’ll be one step ahead & thriving.
- If you’re looking to intern at a company for the current hiring season, submit your resume and cover letter to us for a checkup, or stop by during walk-in hours (M-F 1-3pm).
- Make an appointment with us to discuss credit options for an internship or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions.
- Keep your cool and be patient.
For First Year Students:
After going through the list throughout the week following the Internship Fair, check out your Career Design Pathways on your EmConnect account:
Just keep swimming. You’ve got this, and the Career Center is always here to help.