The Career Development Center would like to make Emerson College screenwriters aware of an upcoming Fellowship program opportunity:
The Minority Report is an industry-vetted fellowship program for the top diverse screenwriters enrolled in undergraduate or graduate educational institutions (Class of 2020 Graduates are eligible). Made by students, for students, it’s the first-ever initiative of it’s kind.
Our goal is to provide opportunities for underrepresented groups. We believe in investing in the young diverse talent of the future. The Minority Report allows students to gain more accessibility and pursue their careers while mitigating the risk and barriers that traditionally hold minorities back.Quote taken from: https://filmfreeway.com/TheMinorityReport/
The program is partnered with incredible talent partners including the United Talent Agency and The Black List (two of the most prominent names in screenwriter representation). Previous programs have awarded some outstanding perks, like:
1. Distribution to Agencies: The Minority Report was sent out to 11+ agents and managers at different companies from Anonymous Content to Paradigm to UTA.
2. The Black List Partnership:Quote taken from: https://filmfreeway.com/TheMinorityReport/
Our partnership with The Black List provides every student on the Minority Report with
– A personal forward to The Black List’s 3500+ Industry Connections
– 3 months of free hosting on blcklst.com
– 1 Free Black List Industry Evaluation
… and so much more. Please check out the link below to learn more about The Minority Report and what to expect when submissions open on Monday, July 20th. (The regular deadline for submissions will September 27th.)
Fellowship Information & Application: