Kelly Edwards recently transitioned from inside the network ranks into a writing and producing deal with HBO under her Edwardian Pictures banner.
In her former executive role, she oversaw all of the emerging artists programs for HBO, HBOMax, and Turner. The pilots she produced through the HBOAccess Writing and Directing fellowships have screened at major film festivals including Tribeca and SXSW, and garnered multiple awards.
Prior to HBO, Edwards was a key corporate diversity executive at Comcast/NBCUniversal for over ve years where she oversaw over 20 divisions, launched employee resource groups, and introduced diverse creative talent to NBC, USA, Syfy, Bravo, and Telemundo.
Edwards’ career spans both television and lm. Early in her career, she worked as a creative executive in features at both Disney and Sony under such talents as Garry Marshall and Laura Ziskin. After moving to television, she served as a senior executive at FOX where she developed Living Single, Clueless, and The Wild Thornberrys. While heading up UPN’s Comedy division as the SVP of Comedy Development, she developed Girlfriends, The Parkers, and Malcolm In The Middle.
Edwards also produced the movie of the week A Christmas Detour for Hallmark and the one-hour drama series Sex, Love, and Secrets.
In 2000, Edwards co-founded the non-profit organization Colour Entertainment, a networking group for diverse creative executives in TV, Film, Digital, as well as assistants, all designed to connect current and future industry executives with one another.
Edwards graduated from Vassar College with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Theater and an MFA in Writing for Film and TV at Emerson College. She served on the Annenberg Inclusion Board and is a 2019 Sundance Episodic Lab fellow. Her book, The Executive Chair: A Writer’s Guide to TV Development, debuted as an instant Amazon Best Seller. She currently writes for the FOX drama Our Kind of People and splits her time between Los Angeles and Missoula, Montana.
The Executive Chair: A Writer’s Guide to TV Development
Released: October 12, 2021
Published by: Michael Wiese Productions
Available On: Amazon
Instant Amazon Best Seller, #1 in Performing Arts Reference, and Top 10 in Screenwriting and Theater categories.
If you dream of a successful career as a writer in Hollywood, there are some things you should know that no one will ever tell you.
The Executive Chair takes you behind the desks of major studio players and gives you never-before-seen access to the real decision-making in Hollywood.
- Learn how to be the writer they always ask back for a second meeting.
- What materials you need before nding an agent.
- How to create a bulletproof pitch.
- The real reason they tell you to pick a lane.
- The A-list of TV shows and movies executives reference most often in meetings.
- The smartest way to connect with top executives and exactly how to follow up. Kelly wrote this book for anyone who wants a career in television, but who does not necessarily know how to go about doing it. The Executive Chair is meant to provide answers and serve as a guide that will open a few more doors for anyone embarking on a journey in the entertainment industry.
- Instagram – @kellyedwards_co
- Twitter – @kellyedwards_co
- LinkedIn – @kellyedwardsco
- Facebook – @kellyedwardsco
- Website – www.kellyedwards.co
- Email – email@example.com
- IMDB – Kelly Edwards (XIV)
Ari Lubet and Luke Maxwell
3 Arts Entertainment
9460 Wilshire Boulevard Beverly Hills, CA 90212
Lisa E. Davis
Frankfurt Kurnit Klein & Selz 28 Liberty Street
New York, NY 10005
(212) 826 5530
Edwardian Pictures firstname.lastname@example.org