To be considered for approval to post opportunities to the Emerson community, employers must meet the following criteria:
- Have a Handshake trust score between 70 – 100% (unless verified as legitimate by a staff member of our staff). Learn more about trust scores.
- Use a corporate email domain. Employers registering with a personal email (i.e.: @gmail.com) will be automatically declined. If you are seeking an exception, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide information for a primary point of contact for each position, including full name and email address. For example “email@example.com” will not be approved.
- Have a fully operational website
- Current business address and telephone number.
- Share positions that are relevant to Emerson’s current Fields of Study.
Fields of Study include:
- Government – Local/State/Federal
- Interior Design
- Journalism, Media, Publishing
- Movies, TV, Music
- Performing & Fine Arts
- Sports & Leisure
In an effort to increase the value of Handshake for our employer partners and students, we would also like to ask the following questions about your company and your current recruiting efforts:
1. Do you have a current connection with Emerson College and, if so, how? (i.e. alumnus, parent, hired students in the past, etc.)
2. How do your positions relate to Emerson’s fields of study?
3. How can our office best meet your hiring needs?
4. May we identify you as the point of contact for your company? If not, who is the best contact?
5. Would you be interested in attending on-campus events such as the Internship Fair or other recruiting-focused programs?
If you’re interested in deepening your relationship with Emerson College or have questions about your approval status, we invite you to contact our Employer Engagement Team using the button below: