The CNBC Business Reporting Workshop is an invitation-only workshop designed for professional journalists with 3-5 years of experience. The workshop will take place on August 2 in Atlanta, Georgia at the 2019 AAJA National Convention.
- This workshop is geared toward current on-air reporters and multimedia journalists with 3-5 years of experience.
- Applicants must be registered, or plan to register, to attend the 2019 AAJA National Convention.
- Applicants are responsible for their registration and travel costs to the 2019 AAJA National Convention.
- Applicants MUST possess ALL of the “basic qualifications” and “eligibility requirements” outlined below.
- CNBC is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
Some workshop attendees may be selected at the end of the workshop for an opportunity to visit CNBC Global Headquarters for a camera test and interviews with members of CNBC’s executive team.
To be considered for the CNBC Business Reporting Workshop, applicants must meet ALL of the Basic Qualifications and Eligibility Requirements.
Qualifications, Eligibility Requirements and Desired Characteristics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to work in United States
- Currently working as an on-air reporter and/or multimedia journalist
- Must possess 3-5 years of professional journalism experience
- Must be willing to take a drug test
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Master’s degree
- Journalism experience
- Interest in business journalism
- Highly motivated individuals
- Solid writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- Proven leadership skills