IDEAS stands for…
Inclusive, Diverse, Equitable, Accessible, and Socially Just
Started in June 2020, the IDEAS career development campaign is designed to surface and promote inclusion-focused communities and opportunities from Emerson College’s partners. Students and alumni can connect with these opportunities by exploring this webpage and by subscribing to our monthly newsletter using the link below.
Looking for more information? Check out our Frequently Asked Questions.
Microsoft Ability Summit (FREE)
TIME & DATE : Tuesday, May 10, 2022 9:00 AM – Wednesday, May 11, 2022 4:00 PM (PDT)
Microsoft Ability Summit is a free, community event that brings together people with disabilities, allies, and industry professionals to Imagine, Build, and Include the future of disability inclusion and accessibility. We welcome all to join and spread the word throughout your communities!
2022 Microsoft Ability Summit will feature:
- Keynotes from Microsoft executives, accessibility, industry and disability community experts.
- Expert panels featuring exciting projects and innovations, and debates on hot topics impacting our community.
- Product announcements! Learn about the latest in accessibility and disability inclusive products, services and experiences from Microsoft and across industry.
More to know:
- All sessions will be recorded and available post-event so you can access the content at a time that works for you.
- All sessions will include real time captions, transcripts, and American Sign Language (ASL).
Jack Morton: Junior Account Executive Intern – Boston (Alumna Recommended)
Do you have an eye for detail? Do you love rallying a team? Then this is the internship for you! The Junior Account Executive Intern ensures all aspects of a project or program are successfully delivered to the client, leads small projects, and assists in the development and delivery of larger, more complex projects.
You’ll be an integral part of making sure communication between the Account and Creative team is clear and consistent. Due to the pandemic, many of our live experiences have turned virtual, so this Summer you’ll learn how we continue to roll with the punches to deliver top tier virtual and hybrid experiences.
What you’ll do
- Work with the Client Services team and the Production department to oversee the development and delivery of client requests
- Provide clear and concise recaps of meetings & provides feedback for revisions as needed
- Ensure regular team meetings and manage communications between team members, ensuring all deadlines are met and providing updates regarding schedules and project status/ action items
- Ensure project change notices are clearly communicated to client and approved
- Commit to 10 weeks (June – August) of hard work, learning, and fun, day in, day out
- Read relevant news and trade publications to identify market trends, competitive activity, and potential opportunities
What you’ll bring to Jack
- College Degree or degree in progress. Great fits: Degrees in Communications, Business, Marketing and Psychology
- Excellent attention to detail, organization, and a proactive mentality in any project you complete
- Superior communication skills to make sure everyone is on the same page
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Flexibility to engage with the team virtually. At the moment, we have no required ‘live/in person’ part of the Intern Program, though access to our office is available following health and safety protocols.
Who you are
- A rising college junior, senior, recent grad or grad student
- A natural public speaker: you love speaking to a crowd (or anyone who will listen)
- Extraordinary! Both as a person and a multi-tasker
- Detail-oriented: you leave nothing to chance
- Creative problem solver: you’re able to change course at the drop of a hat
- Cool under pressure, prepared for every possible situation that might pop up
- Passionate, Agile, Respectful, and Brave!
It pays $18 an hour and is OT eligible.
FOR ELA STUDENTS ONLY: Marketing/Communications Intern – Spring 2022 at The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP)
The National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a 501c3 nonprofit, is looking for dedicated marketing interns that will help in building and maintaining mutual and beneficial relationships with our partners, members and future prospectors to better NALIP’s mission, programs, and events.
Marketing Internship Description:
Interns will be introduced to communication assignments and the major topics and issues related to arts advocacy, nonprofit management, community organizing, and communication best practices.
This position is Remote for spring.
This position is unpaid/for college credit only. MUST INCLUDE a cover letter to be considered.Must be available a minimum of 2 days a week and a minimum of 16 hours a week.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Contacting the Trades, Magazines, Newspapers, E-zines, Blogs, Podcasts, and all other forms of publishing to set up interviews and press for the organization and key staff members
- Assist in curating articles for the NALIP newsletter covering Latin creatives in the entertainment industry
- Collaborate with various departments to program events from planning to post-production
- Assist with ongoing administrative tasks, database management, membership correspondence and participate in staff meetings
- Writing press releases & talent invitations, talent management
- Learn to manage and track cross-promotional agreements with organization partners
- Develop interview and discussion questions for guest speakers and talent
- Demonstrate passion for our mission and dedication to media arts, entertainment, and communication
- Serve as a NALIP representative attending events with partner organizations and companies
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Critical thinker possessing excellent writing and communication, and research skills
- Avid user of social and video networking sites like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, with general understanding of the current feature set
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment with time-sensitive deadlines
- Openness to adapt quickly and learn new skills
- General knowledge of Entertainment Industry
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter to be considered for this position.
Arrangements for academic credit must be coordinated between the student, the department, and the employer.
–––––––––– Application Deadline: May 2, 2022 ––––––––––
- EEO and Affirmative Action Law, starts March 21, 2022
- AAAED Virtual Career Fair – Accessible to All – April 7, 2022 (12 – 4 pm ET)
- Compensation Analysis: Effective pay Equity Self-Analysis and Action Plan Strategies, March 22 – 31, (8 Hrs.)
- The Intersection Between Diversity Management, EEO and Affirmative Action – Making Use of Your Affirmative Action Goals, April 12, 19, 26, 2022 (3 Hrs.)
- Annual Refresher for Federal EEO Counselors and Investigators, Session One, April 20-21, 2022
More DEI resources
- Diversity & Inclusion Focused Internships & Post Graduate Programs
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Resource Guide
- Fortune’s 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity
- Human Rights Campaign’s Corporate Equality Index, 2021
- Forbes’ Best Employers for Diversity in America, 2021
Frequently Asked Questions
What does ‘diversity and inclusion focused’ mean in regards to these opportunities?
The jobs and internships posted through IDEAS include opportunities which are exclusive to underrepresented applicants. IDEA also hosts jobs and internships shared by employers who hope to recruit more diverse talent.
Will I receive support in applying to these positions?
Absolutely. We encourage you to connect with our career counseling staff via Handshake for hands-on support in preparing or submitting your application. Our office can also support you when it comes to professional interviewing, networking, or starting your next position.
Who can I talk to about these positions?
You can learn more about IDEAS jobs and internships by contacting the Career Development Center at email@example.com. You may also contact employers themselves using information provided through each opportunity that has been posted. We encourage you to review our Networking Resources if you decide to contact an employer directly.