2 credit internships are only available to Emerson College Graduate Students.
|Fall 2017||Spring 2018||Summer 2018|
|Registration Deadline:||September 13th||January 23rd||May 21st|
|Internship Start Date:||September 6th – 20th||January 16th – 23rd||May 21st – May 23rd|
|Internship End Date:||December 13th||April 24th||August 14th|
Requirements for Internship Experience:
- Internship must last 12 weeks minimum.
- Must fall within start and end dates of the semester (Summer 2017 starts between May 22-24 and ends before August 13).
- Career Services recommends students end their internship prior to the last day of classes. Ending earlier will allow students to focus on final exams.
Graduate students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Step 1: Consult with your Departmental Internship Coordinator (DIC) to ensure that you are considering appropriate internships for your major.
If you are proposing an internship that is virtual/remote, please discuss this with your DIC prior to submitting a Learning Agreement & Proposal Form. Please inform Emily Smedick as well as an additional process may be required.
Step 2: Once you have secured an internship offer, fill out the online Learning Agreement & Proposal Form. In order for this form to be completed, students must obtain signatures from both their DIC and Internship supervisor.
How to Complete the Learning Agreement & Proposal Form:
- Sign into LionHire. If you have not changed your username or password, the username will be your Emerson email and your password will be your Emerson ID (with a capital E).
- Access “My Account” and verify your contact and academic information.
- Click “Internship Credit Approval Process” to access your Learning Agreement & Proposal Form.
- Select the correct Internship Term with the drop-down menu and enter your Internship information.
- Make sure all information is accurate and submit.
Your Internship Site Supervisor is required to add information and initial your Learning Agreement. A DIC will confirm your registration for the class and review the internship before initialing to indicate approval.
Please monitor your Learning Agreement & Proposal form to make sure it is completed in advance of the internship registration deadline. It is your responsibility to make sure your Learning Agreement is completed on time. Stay on top of your Supervisor & DIC to ensure the agreement is complete.
Step 3: Register and pay for the internship course within your major. For information on the cost per credit, please review tuition information for graduate students.